I am currently making a Win 7 SP1 Enterprise Build. We have to include a french language pack into the build. The complex part of the Build was
“The Administrator profile to have en-US display language settings and other profiles to have fr-FR display language settings.” This kind of integration are prominent for EMEA region clients.
There seems to be very less blogs and discussions on this very important piece of integration.
“With Windows XP, i would have updated the Administrator profile with the en-US settings and and have copied a different profile to default user settings. ”
But with Windows 7, this is not possible. The profile copy is now taken care by unattended.xml file and administrator profile deleted after the capture part is complete and regenerated after Build is applied to the client machine and hence take the profile as of the default profile has been set.
After lot of logic based discussion I came out with the following procedure.
– In single language pack scenario
- As the default language of the OEM Image is en-US, so once my image loads up into windows, import the following registry keyWindows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop]”PreferredUILanguages”=hex(7):65,00,6e,00,2d,00,55,00,53,00,00,00,00,00
- When the image will be at “Sysprep and Capture phase”, you copy the reg file captured above in some folder locally, for example call it c:\Utilities\mui_english.reg
- Make sure while you install latest patches, install the respective language pack and before running the sysprep, change the language settings from en-US to your language settings and then run the sysprep. So now the default profile is now captured with other display language settings.
- In the Deploy TS Sequence , it will by default run in Administrator mode which now will be no en-US display language. Here as soon as the image boots up to the Windows phase add the following task as per the below screenshot